Definition of Multiprogramming Operating System in Hindi :- By the use of multiprogramming operating system, two or more programs can be executed simultaneously in the processor of a computer. Multiprogramming provides the required output by executing the instructions given by the user as quickly as possible, thereby increasing the performance of the computer.
In a multiprogramming operating system, more than one program is loaded simultaneously in the primary memory or RAM of the computer. So that the CPU (Central Processing Unit) of the computer always has a program for execution, so the CPU never has to sit idle and can be fully utilized.
In multiprogramming operating systems, the CPU switches from program to program so rapidly that the user feels that all the programs are running simultaneously, but in reality the CPU executes the programs one by one. In this, when one program is executed, the second program is waiting, then the execution of the other starts, then the rest of the program is waiting in the computer’s primary memory RAM, all this work is done by the CPU very fast. Therefore, we can also say that the speed of the computer also depends on how high the capacity of the computer’s CPU is and the RAM being used by the computer, how much program can be stored simultaneously with itself. Therefore, high-speed CPU and RAM with more space are used in high-capacity computers.
Characteristics of Multiprogramming Operating System in Hindi
Characteristics of Multiprogramming Operating System in Hindi :- The main features of Multiprogramming Operating System are as follows
- Using this, multiple programs can be executed in a single CPU.
- In multiprogramming systems, while one program is waiting for some kind of information or input/output transfer, another program uses the CPU.
- In this, the control of cpu changes very fast from one program to another, no time is wasted in it.
- In this, many programs are waiting in a queue for execution in the primary memory or RAM (Random-access memory) of the computer so that one program after the other is always available with the CPU.
- In multi-programming OS, all the work is organized very beautifully, so that the best use of computer resources can be made.
Example of Multiprogramming Operating System in Hindi
The operating system you are currently using in your computer or mobile phone is also based on the technology of multiprogramming, for example when you open a web-browser in your computer and access information from a website in it. At the same time, if you want, you can watch a movie or a song with the help of a video player. Along with this, you can also use any other program, it is possible to do all this work simultaneously because the operating system you are using is based on the technology of multi programming.
The names of some of the major multi-programming operating systems are as follows:
- Android:- It was created by Google company in 2008 for use only on mobiles and tablets.
- Windows:- It was created by Microsoft company in 1985.
- Linux:- It was created in 1991 by Linus Torvalds, it is an open source software, that means anyone can use it absolutely free.
- Unix:- It was created in 1971 by a company named Bell Labs.
- Macintosh: – It was created in 1984 by a company named Apple, it is mainly used in Apple’s computers.
History of Multiprogramming Operating System in Hindi Multiprogramming OS was developed in 1965-1968 by a team of computer engineers and scientists led by Edsger Wybe Dijkstra.
Advantages of Multiprogramming OS in Hindi
- It helps in using the CPU very efficiently, thereby not wasting any bit of CPU time.
- It helps to make optimum use of all the resources or resources of the computer.
- In this, the operating system manages all the work very beautifully, which gives a very good experience to the user.
- Due to this, it takes very less time to start execution and respond as per the instructions given by the user to the computer.
- Due to this, a program which is going to take very less time to complete, does not have to wait long for a big task.
Disadvantages of Multiprogramming Operating System in Hindi
- Designing and programming this type of OS is a complex task, as it requires writing a lot of hard code to handle the wide variety of possible situations.
- It is very difficult to handle all the instructions or programs given by the user at once, and if the hardware configuration of the computer is not very efficient, it can lead to system hang, forcing the user to wait for more time for output. Is.
- Since small tasks that would take less time to execute add up more when completed, larger tasks take more time to complete.
Conclusion Multiprogramming OS in Hindi: – By the use of multiprogramming operating system, multiple programs can be executed simultaneously in the processor of a computer, in this, instructions, data and many programs given by the user in the primary memory of the computer simultaneously. is put in the queue. And as soon as a program executing in the CPU starts waiting for some kind of input / output operation, then the CPU starts the execution of another program from the primary memory.
The use of multiprogramming makes better use of the CPU and RAM of the computer and the CPU does not have to sit idle at all, due to which its time is not wasted at all. It enables the user to execute the given instructions as quickly as possible and provide appropriate output, which is the same technology used in most of the operating systems you currently use.
In this article we have discussed about Multiprogramming OS in simple Hindi language. Hope you liked this article written on Multiprogramming OS in Hindi. If you want to give any suggestion or ask any question related to this article written on multiprogramming operating system, then definitely tell us by writing in the comment box below.